Eduvate respects the privacy of its online visitors and customers of its products and services and complies with applicable laws for the protection of your privacy, including, without limitation, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Swiss and EU Privacy Shield Frameworks.
Eduvate Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When we request any information from you from which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What Data We Collect and Process
Basic Account Data
When setting up an Account, Eduvate will collect your email address You are also required to choose a user name and a password. The provision of this information is necessary to register an Eduvate User Account. During setup of your account, the account is automatically assigned a number (the “Eduvate ID”) that is later used to reference your user account without directly exposing Personally Identifying Information about you. We do not require you to provide or use your real name for the setup of a Eduvate User Account.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title and, if you are representing a third party (school, college etc.) the name and details of that institution;
- contact information including email address, address or postcode.
What we do with the information we gather
We keep this information to better understand and meet your needs, and so we can provide you with a better service. In particular, we aim to achieve the following:
- Accuracy of internal record keeping;
- Continual improvements to our products and services;
- Helpful and interesting information-sharing with you in relation to new products, special offers or other matters of interest to you, via the email address you have provided; Occasionally, for market research, asking you for input in order to improve our services and products, via post or email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you choose to engage with Employers on Eduvate, they may receive your email address in order to advance your conversations around employment.
- If you choose to undertake the interview experience, your video answers will be shared with a recruiter to evaluate your performance and to give you valuable interview feedback. Once this is done, the video answers are permanently deleted. Your interview feedback is then held on your account page, which is strictly confidential, and which can be deleted at any time by you.
Transaction and Payment DataWhilst most services are free for consumers on the Eduvate platform, in order to make a transaction on Eduvate (e.g. to purchase an interview evaluation), you may need to provide payment data to Eduvate to enable the transaction. If you pay by credit card, you need to provide typical credit card information (name, address, credit card number, expiration date and security code) to Eduvate, which Eduvate will process and transmit to the payment service provider of your choice to enable the transaction and perform anti-fraud checks. Likewise, Eduvate will receive data from your payment service provider for the same reasons. We do not hold onto payment details at any other time.
Other Data You Explicitly Submit
We will collect and process Personal Data whenever you explicitly provide it to us or send it as part of communication with others on Eduvate, e.g. in Eduvate Community Forums, chats, or when you provide feedback or other user generated content. This data includes:
- Information that you post, comment or follow in any of our Content and Services;
- Information sent through chat;
- Information you provide when you request information or support from us or purchase Content and Services from us, including information necessary to process your orders with the relevant payment merchant or, in case of physical goods, shipping providers;
- Information you provide to us when participating in competitions, contests and tournaments or responding to surveys, e.g. your contact details.
Your Use of the Eduvate Platform
We collect a variety of information through your general interaction with the websites, Content and Services offered by Eduvate.
Personal Data we collect may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions and application usage data.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (by clicking on the website where it shows you), the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- The following are the cookies currently running on our website:
- WordPress session
- – this allows WordPress (the people who provide the framework of the Eduvate website) to monitor which parts of the site are the most popular
- WooCommerce account cookie
- – this allows WooCommerce (the people who provide the framework for the online subscriptions) to monitor how purchasers behave on the pages
- We also make use of third party cookies which are embedded to send information to other websites to improve the user experience they are:
- Google Analytics
- – this logs the time that you’re on our site and what you look at and we use it so we can make our site better, including adding more relevant content and making it easier to use. It’s there for you as much as we use it for ourselves.
- – this logs how people interact on the social media platform
- – this logs how people interact on the social media platform
- – this is used to show YouTube videos and track where a video has been played. If this cookie can’t run, there’s no way to watch videos on our website.
- MailChimp and Sendgrid
- – this allows users to be able to receive our email newsletter of communication from the platform ( ie: a password change request).
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at eduvate.biz
- you can delete your account with Eduvate. This will leave none of your personal information on our system.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting (if you tell us that you wish this to happen).
- You can log in at any time to see the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at email@example.com and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Eduvate Limited may update this policy from time to time, and you should please check this page from time to time to be sure as to our current policy.
- Eduvate respects the privacy of its online visitors and customers of its products and services and complies with applicable laws for the protection of your privacy, including, without limitation, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Swiss and EU Privacy Shield Frameworks.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on visitors’ computers, to help the website operators analyze how visitors use the site. The information generated by the cookie about the visitors’ use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
On this website, IP anonymization has been activated. The IP addresses users visiting Eduvate will be shortened. Only in exceptional cases will a complete IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the website operator, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the website for its users, in order to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for website operators.
Furthermore, users can prevent the collection of data about their use of the website (including their IP address) generated by the cookie, and the processing of data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in through the following link:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Subject to your separate consent or where explicitly permitted under applicable laws on email marketing, Eduvate may send you marketing messages about products and services offered by Eduvate to your email address. In such a case we may also use your collected information to customise such marketing messages as well as collect information on whether you opened such messages and which links in their text you followed.
You can opt out or withdraw your consent to receive marketing emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in every marketing email.
How Long We Store Data
We will only store your information as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or — where the applicable law provides for longer storage and retention period — for the storage and retention period required by law. After that your Personal Data will be deleted, blocked or anonymized, as provided by applicable law. If you terminate your Eduvate User Account, your Personal Data will be deleted and no longer stored.
Who Has Access to Data
Eduvate and its subsidiaries may share your Personal Data with each other and use it to the degree necessary to achieve the purposes listed in section 2. above. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer Personal Data to the relevant third party subject to applicable laws.
The Eduvate community includes message boards, forums and/or chat areas, where users can exchange ideas and communicate with each other. When posting a message to a board, forum or chat area, please be aware that the information is being made publicly available online; therefore, you are doing so at your own risk. If your Personal Data is posted on one of our community forums against your will, please use the reporting function and Eduvate will assist with its removal.
Your Rights and Control Mechanisms
The data protection laws of the European Economic Area and other territories grant their citizens certain rights in relation to their Personal Data. While other jurisdictions may provide fewer statutory rights to their citizens, we make the tools designed to exercise such rights available to our customers worldwide.
To allow you to exercise your data protection rights in a simple way please log into your account, and go to the account page. This gives you access to your Personal Data, allows you to rectify and delete it where necessary and to object to its use where you feel necessary.
As a resident of the European Economic Area you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
6.1 Right of Access.
You have the right to access your Personal Data that we hold about you, i.e. the right to require free of charge (i) information whether your Personal Data is retained, (ii) access to and/or (iii) duplicates of the Personal Data retained. You can use the right to access to your Personal Data through the Privacy Dashboard. If the request affects the rights and freedoms of others or is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested) or refuse to act on the request.
Right to Rectification.
If we process your Personal Data, we shall endeavor to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your Personal Data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which it was collected. If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can change the information you provided via the Privacy Dashboard.
Right to Erasure.
You have the right to obtain deletion by us of Personal Data concerning you by deleting your Eduvate User Account via the Eduvate support page.
As a result of deleting your Eduvate User Account, you will lose access to Eduvate services, including the Eduvate User Account, Subscriptions and related information linked to the Eduvate User Account and the possibility to access other services you are using the Eduvate User Account for.
Right to Object.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The minimum age to create a Eduvate User Account is 15. Eduvate will not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under this age. Insofar as certain countries apply a higher age of consent for the collection of Personal Data, Eduvate requires parental consent before a Eduvate User Account can be created and Personal Data associated with it collected. Eduvate encourages parents to instruct their children to never give out personal information when online.
You can contact Eduvate’s data protection officer at the address below.
The Data Protection Officer
36 Dalmeny Street