Professor Bill Baltzopoulos is a leading academic on biomechanics. He currently leads the biomechanics group at the Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance, Brunel University London. In this Lecture, Professor Baltzopoulos explains “Why Usain Bolt Runs So Fast”. He also talks about how biomechanical research leads to better injury prevention in sport for all, as well as demonstrating the types of positive destinations available to you should you decide on Sports Science and biomechanics as an educational pathway and career.
Graduate Destinations for Sports Science:
Jobs are available with a range of organisations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
Employers and Roles include:
- Professional sports clubs
- Exercise Physiologist
- National sporting associations, governing bodies and other related sporting agencies
- Private health and fitness clubs, spas and public sports and recreation facilities
- Local authorities
- Schools, further education and higher education institutions
- The health sector, including the National Health Service and other international health providers.
- Sports Nutritionist
- Sports Psychologist
- Performance Analyst
- Research/ Academic
- Employed (69.5%)
- Further study (13.9%)
- Working and studying (7.6%)
- Unemployed (4.3%)
- Other (4.7%)